The Umatilla County Courthouse is taking precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
We remain open for business via email & phone and most permitting can be processed electronically.
OFFICE VISITS ARE LIMITED & APPOINTMENTS ARE REQUIRED
Department of Land Use Planning
Email applications to:
STAFF IS AVAILABLE MON-FRI, 8AM - 5PM
PLEASE CALL 541-278-6252 TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
I have a question about the permit process... Learn all about the process for developing property in Umatilla County; including a complete list of contact information for other agencies involved.
Planning Department Fee Schedule Please check with the Planning Department for any changes or additional fees.
- ZP - Zoning Permit Application If the use is permitted outright on the subject property, a zoning permit is required for new construction and additions or after a land use permit application is obtained. Attach the appropriate fee as stated on the form, completed site plan and signatures of ALL property owners.
- Design Review Application Development in certain zones such as Light Industrial, Retail Service Commercial, etc. also requires a Design Review application with a zoning permit.
- Replacement Dwellings in Resource Zones (EFU & GF Zones). To replace a lawfully established dwelling in the EFU or GF Zone, complete this form to provide proof that it meets the review criteria set forth in UCDC 152.058(F) & 152.082(O).
- County Floodplain Development Permit Application
- AG- Farm Agriculture/Equine Building Exemption State law (ORS 455.315) allows exemption from the requirements for a building permit and inspections under the Oregon State Structural Specialty Code for certain agricultural buildings. A landowner must obtain approval and signature from the local planning office to qualify for this type of permit. Farm Exempt structures are only allowed on resource zoned land (EFU & GF) where a bona fide "farm" is being operated. The property must be assessed under the "Farm Deferral" tax program.
- Additional Signature Page
LURA - Land Use Request Application complete this form for ALL types of land use applications.
Select the Supplemental Forms below for the specific type of land use application desired.
- CUP - Conditional Use Permit Application for a variety of uses (home occupation, hardship dwelling, etc.) that may have certain conditions of approval applied to the permit.
- LD - Land Division Application for dividing a lot or parcel. There are a number of different types of land divisions: Type I, Subdivision; Type II, Partition of Non-Resource land (residential, industrial, etc.); Type III, Replat; and Type IV, Partition of Resource land (EFU and GF).
- PLA - Property Line Adjustment To modify a boundary line between two parcels.
- LUD - Land Use Decision For dwellings in resources zones, cell towers, utility facilities and other similar uses.
- V - Variance To request a modification from the required standards (setbacks, parcel size, etc.)
- Amendments to County Plan/Development Code and/or Zoning Map For requesting changes in the County's Comprehensive Plan, Development Code and/or Zoning Map.
- Authorization to File Land Use Permit for Land Owner
Additional County Applications
- Notice of Appeal Application complete when appealing a County Planning Commission decision.
- Request for a Public Hearing Application complete when asking for a public hearing during an administrative review of a land use permit application.
- Road Naming Application complete when naming a roadway if required during a land division request.
List of Possible Road Names
Umatilla County Public Health
Submit a Land Use Compatibility Statement (LUCS) to start the review process for construction of a new septic system or repair to a failing system. Approval is also needed if you are reconnecting to an existing system or changing the waste flow by increasing the occupancy of a house or building. Umatilla County Public Health processes onsite septic system permits. Additional forms are available on the Public Health website.
Contact the Health Department at 541-278-6394 for more information about septic installation or repair permits.
State Building Codes Division
Contact the local Building Codes Division at 541-276-7814 for more information about structural permits.