What is Public Health
Public Health Departments are responsible for creating and maintaining conditions that keep people healthy. Every community has a unique "public health system". Our goals in Umatilla County Public Health are to understand the specific health issues, investigate health problems and threats, prevent and or minimize communicable disease outbreaks caused by unsafe food, water, chronic diseases, environmental hazards, injuries, and risky health behaviors. This department works actively in the development of response plans in the event of a public health emergency. We work closely with local responders and the state. We have partnerships with public and private health care providers, community and government agencies that all are working toward the betterment of our community. The public health clinics in Umatilla County provide a wide variety of services. All services are confidential and no one will be denied services for inability to pay.
Umatilla County Public Health is dedicated to promoting, protecting, and preserving the health of our community.
- Healthy Practices
- Healthy People
- Healthy Places
- Passion & Pride
Spotlight on Health
We advise the public to follow the
CDC recommendations to protect themselves and others. These measures include:
- Washing your hands often with soap and water, especially after coughing or sneezing.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or shirt sleeve, not your hand, when coughing or sneezing and discard tissue immediately in a waste container.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. This will help prevent the spread of germs.
- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- If you are ill stay home and avoid exposing others to your illness. Do contact your doctor if you have any concerns.
- Get a flu shot.
For more information, you can visit the CDC website www.cdc.gov
Public Health Locations and Hours
Pendleton - 200 SE. Third St.
Mondays & Tuesdays 8AM - 5 PM and Call clinic for Wednesday hours
Hermiston - 435 E. Newport St.
Thursdays & Fridays 8AM - 5 PM and Call clinic for Wednesday hours
Clients can schedule an appointment in advance or call in and schedule a same day appointment for all Family Planning services, Immunizations, testing for pregnancy, HIV, Hep C and Sexually Transmitted Infections, etc.
Umatilla County Public Health Department does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, or handicapped status in employment or provision of services.
- Adolescent Health Education
- Communicable Disease Control
- Environmental Health
- Family Planning
- Health Information
- HIV Testing & Counseling
- Information on West Nile Virus
- Nurse Family Partnership
- Pregnancy testing and counseling
- Preparedness Planning
- School Based Health Center
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Clinics
- Suicide Prevention/Assist
- Tobacco Prevention and Education Program
- Vital Statistics