Umatilla County recognizes the importance of social distancing measures in protecting the health of individuals and communities and slowing the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. While these social distancing measures are saving lives, they also come at great cost to Umatilla County’s small businesses and their employees.
The Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant was established by Umatilla County Economic Development using CARES Act funding for the purpose of providing one-time, short-term financial support to small businesses and sole proprietors impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. The county-wide program is being administered by Gail Nelson, Umatilla County Economic Development Coordinator.
To be eligible, the applicant must be headquartered and operate within Umatilla County and had financial impact/damage due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- $5000.00 Grants
- Dispersed throughout the County proportionately
- Application available August 5th
- Application closes August 26th
- Checks processed and distributed as quickly as possible
- Must be a business headquartered and operating within Umatilla County that is directly affected by a government ordered mandatory change in service or closure due to COVID-19.
- Employ 50 or fewer employees
- Sole proprietors are eligible
- Only one (1) application per business entity
- State the financial impact caused by COVID-19 to their business.
Non-profit organizations are not eligible.